List of Limitations
- Grants are awarded for a period of ONE FULL YEAR. An organization is not eligible to submit a subsequent application until the deadline (February 1, June 1, October 1) following the Grant Report due date for a current grant. This is conditional on the successful completion of the Grant Reporting process for all prior and current grants to the same organization.
- An organization is eligible to receive no more than three (3) grants within a period of 10 years. A subsequent application may not be submitted until after the completion of the 10th year.
- Grants are limited to one per congregation per country (one per state in India and in the United States) for each docket cycle.
NOTE: Although the terms congregation, organization and project may be used interchangeably, HFS makes the following distinction about an organization in the application process:
- ORGANIZATION NAME is the name of the center, facility, clinic, school, ministry, program, etc. for which you are seeking funds. DO NOT provide your congregation name as the organization name unless it is part of the title (e.g. Good Shepherd Sisters Clinic, Sisters of Mercy Primary School, Sisters of St. Francis Feeding Program, etc.).
- An organization may request funding for different types of projects (e.g. education, feeding program, renovation, solar, water, etc.), but it may only receive a maximum of three (3) grants within a 10-year period as stated in the Limitations on Grants.